There is an epidemic sweeping the land — special snowflake syndrome.
If the term special snowflake is a new one to you, just know it’s not a compliment. People with special snowflake syndrome have a cluster of personality and character flaws, including but not limited to:
- Thinking the world revolves around them
- Believing only their worldview or opinion to be correct
- Demanding tolerance while being intolerant
- Responding like a toddler when they don’t get their way
- Taking everything as a personal offense
- Reporting or tattling on anyone they can’t control or who dares believe differently
- Expecting others to solve their issues
- Believing their rights matter more than the rights of others
- Believing others must conform to their worldview
- Being easily offended
- Having a fragile self image, threatened by anyone or anything different
- Being often physically unattractive or socially odd
- Having a low level of physical fitness, soft, weak
- Seeing almost everything as an injustice, threat, or aggression
- Being angry and passive aggressive
- Accusing others of various “ism”
- Being victim based
I could continue, but hopefully you get the point.
Sadly, these people seem to be everywhere lately. Those with special snowflake syndrome tend to surround themselves with others who are the same, creating an echo chamber effect, special snowball syndrome.
People like this are not simply incredibly annoying, they are a threat to individual freedom and self determination. It is, ironically, people with this mindset that commit atrocities such as the Dark Ages or the Salem Witch Trials.
The best remedy for special snowflake syndrome is mockery and shame. They will howl, there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth, but it’s for their own good. Friends don’t let friends turn into sad sucks.
Luckily the reign of the special snowflake seems to be coming to an end. Why on earth would any sane society let people like them control the social, educational, or political realm? No. For all our sakes, and their own, we must say no.
Let those who have ears hear.
What do you think? Please share in the comments.